Part-time Police Officers are paid $18.50 per hour and are scheduled to fill various shifts throughout the year. Benefits include: Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS).
Certified Iowa applicants for the part-time position of Police Officer should be:
- Certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and be of good moral character;
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol;
- Must be in good standing with current and/or former agency;
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties;
- Be able to perform and complete all duties expected of a police officer.