- Be able to perform and complete the essential functions and duties expected of a police officer with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Have the ability to obtain certification from ILEA.
- Have reached the age of 18 at the time of appointment.
- Be a high school graduate with a diploma or possesses a GED equivalency certificate.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state, and national fingerprint files.
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer.
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the occupational demands of law enforcement.
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer).
- Not to be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties.
Hourly Rate (Non-Certified): $16.51
Hourly Rate (Certified): $17.51