Full-time Police Officers shall establish residency within five (5) miles of the corporate limits of Marquette or McGregor within six (6) months of appointment. The residency requirement boundary includes Wisconsin.
Certified Iowa applicants for the full-time position of Police Officer should be:
- Certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Must have served as an Iowa law enforcement officer within 180-days preceding the applicant’s hiring date.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state, and national fingerprint files.
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Must be in good standing with current and/or former agency.
- Undergo psychological testing.
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfil duties.
- Be able to perform and complete all duties expected of a police officer.
$52,547.04 – $55,954.08 (depending on number of certified years of experience).