Starting salary for a certified full-time officer is $42,484-$44,720 (FY 20-21/21-22) per year, or more depending on qualifications.
Full-time employee benefits include vacation, sick leave, medical and life insurance, assigned take home patrol vehicle, and the Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS).
Full-time Police Officers shall establish residency within seven (7) miles of the corporate limits of Marquette or McGregor, in the State of Iowa, within six (6) months of appointment.
Certified Iowa applicants for the full-time position of Police Officer should be:
- Certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy;
- Must have served as an Iowa law enforcement officer within 180-days preceding the applicant’s hiring date;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files;
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol;
- Must be in good standing with current and/or former agency;
- Undergo psychological testing;
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties;
- Be able to perform and complete all duties expected of a police officer.