Full-time Police Officers shall establish residency within five (5) miles of the corporate limits of Marquette or McGregor prior to achieving certification from the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy. The residency requirement boundry includes Wisconsin.
Non-certified applicants for the full-time position of Police Officer should be:
- Have the ability to obtain certification from the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Be a U. S. Citizen and a resident of Iowa or intend to become a resident upon being employed.
- Be 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Possess an associate degree or a minimum of 60 college credits.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass the physical fitness tests.
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state, and national fingerprint files.
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer.
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the occupational demands of law enforcement.
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer).
- Undergo psychological testing.
- Successfully pass the Police Officer Selection Test (POST) testing.
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfil duties.
- Be able to perform and complete all duties expected of a police officer.
Hourly Rate: $21.56 (FY 22-23)